The original hospital was built on the Titchfield Peninsula opposite to the playfield. When this facility outgrew its capacity the institution was relocated to the present site in the Naylor’s Hill community and officially opened on 1943 May 03 by Sir Arthur Frederick Richards, Captain General & Governor in Chief of Jamaica and its Dependencies.
In the new facility Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Out Patient Clinics, Casualty, Dental Clinic, VD Clinic services were all administered in the Out Patient Department building. After 4:00 p.m. emergency cases were treated on the wards. Later, the After 4:00 p.m. Room was instituted.