Holy Trinity High School is a Catholic institution established in the 1940‟s and was formerly known as St. Anthony‟s Senior School. It was originally established on West Street in Kingston by the Franciscan Sisters. In 1953, it moved to its current location at Emerald Road, off South Camp Road.
The school is operated on the shift system and has 4 shifts. Students placed at the school, basedon the results of the Grade Six Achievement Test (GSAT) are generally performing below the national average. The majority of the students attending the school are from inner city communities, which are nearby.
A smaller percentage of the intake is from the wider environs of Kingston and St. Andrew. A significant percentage of the students‟ families are unemployed and unskilled.
Four hundred and sixty five students are on the Programme of Advancement Through Health and Education (PATH). An additional 430 students, benefit from the school‟s welfare programme, which is funded by the Ministry of Education.