Campion College, is a co-educational Roman Catholic, Ignatian, co-educational high school located in Kingston, Jamaica.
The school is known for its outstanding academic and sporting record. On January 5, 1960, with 101 first form students and a faculty of four Jesuit Fathers, the new school opened its doors and the first lessons were given that day in a pavilion and in classrooms borrowed from Campion Hall Preparatory School.
Campion Hall had been founded in January 1940 when Rt. Reverend Thomas A. Emmet, S.J., D.D., was Vicar Apostolic of Jamaica and V. Reverend Thomas J. Feeney, S.J. was Superior. The prep school began on the premises of St. George’s College but moved to Roslyn Hall at 115 Old Hope Road on January 6, 1942.
To make room for the growing needs of Campion College, it graduated its last class in December 1962, just as 22 years earlier it had taken in its first students to supply the needs of St. George’s College.
Campion College, under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kingston, is a school committed to building the Kingdom of God—a world characterized by social justice, love and respect for the dignity of every person.
Every student of the College is given opportunities to achieve his or her maximum potential, to grow intellectually, socially, physically and spiritually, to make wise decisions, and to work co-operatively with peers and teachers, so as to develop as a confident, critically-conscious and useful citizen who will shape a more just society.
The College, in partnership with dedicated and committed parents, alumni and community members, is dedicated to creating a harmonious and stimulating environment and providing a broad, balanced curriculum, using competent and motivated staff.