Housing Agency of Jamaica (HAJ) is a land and housing development company that provides shelter solutions for Jamaicans island wide.
Wholly owned by the local government, HAJ falls under the umbrella of the Ministry of Transport, Works and Housing.
We were formed in 1998 through the merger of three entities, namely Caribbean Housing Finance Corporation Limited (CHFC), National Housing Corporation Limited (NHC) and Operation Pride.
We are headed by a managing director while governed by a board of directors. And our core services include providing shelter solutions on the open market, mortgage servicing and upgrading informal settlements.
HAJ Goals and Objectives
HAJ has a commitment to the people of Jamaica. HAJ strive:
1. To provide affordable housing solutions.
2. To work closely with all partners, that is, community-based organisations and other stakeholders and interest groups to encourage community development and empowerment.
3. To ensure customer compliance with required payments.
4. To adhere to the standards as stipulated by the National Environment & the Planning Agency (NEPA) and other regulatory agencies during development.
5. To provide security of tenure by ensuring the provision of land titles to purchasers.