Livingston Alexander & Levy began its existence on the February 10, 1911, making it the oldest law firm in Jamaica.
The firm of attorneys delivers a wide range of legal services to local corporations, multi-nationals, Governments and individuals ranging from conveyancing, litigation, company and commercial law, dispute resolution, employment law, estate planning, wills and trusts, pensions, real estate, securities, intellectual property and taxation.
On February 20, 1911, Kingston solicitor, Noel Brooks Livingston (later Sir) advised his clients that of his admittance of Harold Vincent Alexander of Kingston, solicitor, into partnership.
The firm was named Livingston & Alexander.
The firm underwent a name change in 1915 when Mervyn T. King, a newly admitted solicitor, joined the team and they became known as Livingston, Alexander & King.
The partnership was dissolved the following year by mutual consent and Livingston & Alexander continued to practice under their old name.
Another young man, Aston Theodore Ivanhoe Levy, joined Livingston & Alexander as an articled clerk in 1922.
Once Levy qualified as a solicitor, he remained with the firm and became a well-known figure in the field of trademark legislation and patent law.
When he was made a partner in 1945, the firm changed its name to Livingston, Alexander & Levy.