The Ministry of Transport & Mining is the regulatory body for all services land, air and sea.
We provide an integrated transport system and a vibrant and diversified minerals industry which compare with the best in the world.
There are currently 20 reporting entities that assist the ministry in fulfilling its mandate to provide a safe and efficient transport system, and the construction and maintenance of quality roads and attendant structures.
The Ministry of Transport & Mining continues to facilitate the growth of the country in accordance with our mandate to provide safe, reliable, and sustainable transport systems.
Departments – Transport
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Limited (AEROTEL) Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ)
- Air Transport Licensing Board
- Caribbean Maritime Institute
- (CMI) Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Island Traffic Authority (ITA)
- Jamaica Urban Transport Company (JUTC) and its subsidiaries (including the Jamaica Ultimate Tyre Company)
- Jamaica Railway Corporation (JRC)
- Maritime Authority of Jamaica (MAJ) Metropolitan Management Transport Holdings Montego Bay Metro Company Limited Norman Manley International Airport
- National Road Safety Council (Chaired by the Prime Minister)
- Ports Security Corps Limited (PSC)
- Transport Authority
- Urban and Rural Transport Boards