The vision of the Ministry of Water, Land, Environment and Climate Change is to provide an environment in which natural resources are sustainably managed and made accessible to all Jamaicans.
The Water division is responsible for policy formulations, legislation, monitoring of all water agencies to ensure compliance with procurement and procedures of Government. The ministry is responsible for the National Water Commission, the Rural Water Supply Ltd, and the Water Resources Authority.
The ministry’s Land divisions and units provide policy and procedural guidance in respect of divestment of Government lands and land administration.
Under the Environment portfolio the ministry is responsible for the management of chemicals and hazardous waste; managing forests; and has supervisory responsibility for the National Environmental & Planning Agency (NEPA) and Meteorological Service.
Agencies of Water, Land, Environment and Climate Change
- Meteorological Service, Jamaica
- Forestry Department
- Beach Control Authority
- Real Estate Board Jamaica
- National Spatial Data Management Division
- National Land Agency
- National Environment and Planning Agency
- Land Access for National Development (L.A.N.D.) Project
- Commission of Strata Corporations
- Water Resource Authority
- Rural Water Supply Limited
- National Water Commission