The Ministry of National Security’s main responsibility is to contribute towards creating a safe and secure Jamaica by the effective enforcement of law, order and maintenance of secure borders.
The Ministry of National Security (MNS) was established as a single Ministry in 2001 following the separation of the Ministry of National Security and Justice to form two separate Ministries.
This allows the Ministry to focus on the maintenance of law and order, the protection of the country against internal and external threats, the safety of Jamaica’s borders and the punishment and rehabilitation of offenders.
Agencies of National Security
- Legal Medical Unit
- Forensic Laboratory
- Firearm Licensing Authority
- Private Security Regulation Authority
- Caribbean Search Centre
- Jamaica Constabulary Staff College
- Jamaica Police Academy
- Police Civilian Oversight Authority
- Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA)
- Jamaica Constabulary Force
- Island Special Constabulary Force (ISCF)
- Department of Correctional Services
- Correctional Services Production Company (COSPROD)
- Caribbean Regional Drug Law Enforcement Training Centre
- Carl Rattray Staff College
Headed by The Honourable Dr.
Horace Chang, MP.
Hon. Rudyard Spencer, MP
Ms. Dianne McIntosh