The vision of the Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce (MIIC) is to foster the creation of innovative and internationally competitive enterprises in Jamaica by 2021.
The mission of the Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce is to increase local and foreign investments; drive innovation and job creation; promote and protect Jamaican brands; consumers and businesses and create an environment that will facilitate increased earnings from exports.
The ministry is also responsible for creating a framework for an investment-friendly environment and attracting and promoting new investments, both local and foreign. MIIC is also responsible for Government’s divestment and privatization programmes.
Agencies of Industry, Investment and Commerce
- Trade Board Limited
- Department of Co-operatives and Friendly Societies (DCFS)
- Micro Investment Development Agency Limited (MIDA)
- Jamaica National Agency for Accreditation- JANAAC
- Jamaica Intellectual Property Office (JIPO)
- Jamaica Business Development Corporation (JBDC)
- Fair Trading Commission (FTC)
- Factories Corporation Jamaica (FCJ)
- Consumer Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Companies Office of Jamaica
- Bureau of Standards Jamaica (BSJ)
- Anti-Dumping and Subsidies Commission