The history of the Kingston Technical High School is one of evolution.
It had its beginning in 1896 as a model school in three departments – boys, girls and kindergarten. The kindergarten section was soon removed.
The rest of the school was set up to offer “Advanced Manual Training”, in the hope that it would develop into “a centre of good General and Technical Education”. By 1912, it was offering Technical and Continuation courses.
In 1912, advanced instruction in Woodwork, Metalwork and Home Economics was being given to teachers who were expected to pass on the skills in the communities where they worked.
To contribute to the total development of students, parents and staff through the provision of a rounded secondary education and socialization, for productive citizenship involving all stake holders modelling, motivating and enthusiastically using resources efficiently.