In 1855, the Vere Trust made money available for the establishment of a school and in 1856 the first trustees were appointed and the school moved from the court house to the premises owned by Mr. H. Rebhan (beside Mr. Rebhan’s garage).
Premises now occupied by the bus park in front of the parish church were later acquired and a school building like many other school build then, which also housed the master’s quarters were erected and occupied on April 20th 1861, with Mr. Thomas Hanna as the master.
He served until 1886. In this building the Manchester High school was conducted for 92 years. Mr. Hanna served as the master until 1886.
d was for many years referred to as The Mandeville Middle Grade school, until the government acquired the premises on the race course, where the Mandeville All Age school now stands.