One hundred and twenty-two years ago, the Chapelton All-Age School, located in the town of Chapelton, Clarendon, was first started at the bottom of Salem Hill on January 15, 1894, with 56 students enrolled.
Then, it was known as the Salem School. It was relocated several times after it was established before it finally settled at its current location, which was built to be used as a hospital for people suffering from smallpox.
Seven years later, the school was severely damaged by an earthquake but was later restored.
In September 1977, the shift system was introduced because of the school's inability to accommodate the steadily increasing student population.
As a result, there was a major increase in staff and the construction of more classrooms and other basic facilities over time.
Chapelton All Age School is situated in the cool hills of Chapelton in North Central Clarendon. The school is operated on a shift system.