Western Hospitality Institute was established in September 1988 as an important link in Montego Bay and its environs. It is currently one of the city's largest and most dynamic hospitality, tourism and culinary institutions.
WHI offers the following Hospitality programmes:
- Masters Degree in Tourism & Hospitality Management.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Management with a Major in Culinary Chef Management.
- Associate degree, Diploma and Certifcate In Hotel & Restaurant Management, Food & Beverage, Culinary Chef Management and Tourism Management (ASc & Diploma only).
- Tertiary Level Certification:
- Short Courses in Waitering, Bartending, Housekeeping, Front Office,
- Basic Pastry Making, Basic Cake Baking & Decorating, Advance Cake, Pastries & Dessert Making, Advance Certificate in Cake Decorating, Commercial Pastry Making, Catering & Restaurant Operation, Basic Cooking/ Local & International Cuisine, Advance Culinary and Intermediate Cake Baking.