Definition: Chicken Pox ia an acute contagious disease. It principally afflicts children and is caused by the varicella virus. It is characterized by a eruption of transparent macular vesicles which appear in successive crops on diffrent parts of the body.
- Fever sponge bath or continuous cold compress to the head for fever.
- Warm shower or warm sponge bath daily. Do not rub lesions.
- Give plenty of juice and water to patient during wakeing hours. NOTE: Isolate the patient in a room, if possible to prevent the spread of the disease to other memebers of the family.
- Balimbing leaves; Star fruit (for itchiness)
Crush and chop young leave and extract the juice; Apply the juice on the skin or lesions to relieve itchiness, 3 times a day. Dont rub juice on skin.
- Lagundi Leaves; Five-leaved chaste tree (for fever)
Boil 4 tablespoons of chopped dry leaves or 6 teaspoons of chopped fresh leaves in 2 glasses of water for 15 minutes
Adults: 1 cup, every 4 hours
Children: (babies) 1 tablespoon, every 4 hours
(2-6yrs) 1/4 cup every 4 hours
(7-12yrs) 1/2 cup every 4 hours