SEARCH »

MENU »

Search by category

St. Ann Municipal Corporation1 Church Street - Saint Ann
Phone: +1 876-972-2616
Phone: +1 876-972-2362
Mobile: +1 876-972-2615
Fax: +1 876-972-2617

Send message to St. Ann Municipal Corporation

Name *
Surname *
Email *
Phone
Subject *
Request *

* Required field

St. Ann Municipal Corporation reservation

Verify Availability and request Price & Details for St. Ann Municipal Corporation


Adults * Children *
Arrival date *
Nights * Rooms *
Email *
Phone
Message

* Required field
St. Ann Municipal Corporation
 
St. Ann was named after Ann Hyde, wife of James II, King of England and is recognized as the largest of all the parishes and is appropriately designated 'The Garden Parish'. The parish is bounded to the north by the sea, to the east by St. Mary, to the west by Trelawny and to the south by Clarendon and St. Catherine. Columbus first entered the island on the shores of this parish and named the point of entry "Puerto Bueno". During his last voyage, on finding no water he re-named it 'Puerto Seco' or 'Dry Harbour', which was later re-named in 1947 by Hal Peat as Discovery Bay.
 
"Sevilla Nueva" now simply called Seville, was the island's first capital. It was established in 1509 by the Spaniards and had the distinction of being the third Spanish capital established in the New World. This capital was later found to be unhealthy and was subsequently abandoned. St. Ann's Bay, the present capital was discovered by Christopher Columbus on his second voyage in 1494. Originally called Santa Gloria, it is approximately one mile east of "Sevilla Nueva".
 
Development within the parish is constrained by mountains to the South, the Negro River to the east, and Sevilla to the west. St. Ann's Bay was the parish's traditional administrative, institutional and service centre. In recent times however its growth has been surpassed by that of Ocho Rios some six (6) miles to the east, which has developed as one of the island's leading tourist resorts.
 
The most important economic mineral in this parish is bauxite. It has a large concentration of bauxite-alumina mining and export activities. Second only to Montego Bay in St. James, St. Ann generates a large income from tourism, one of the leading sectors in the country's economy. Agriculture, (traditional crops), cattle farming and a variety of industrial activities are among the other economic activities of the parish.
CONTACT INFORMATION
 
Website: http://stannpc.gov.jm/
Address: Main Street, St. Ann's Bay, St. Ann
Telephone: 972-2655/2362/2615
Fax: 972-2617
E-mail: [email protected]
 
 
 
KEY POSITIONS IN THE ST. ANN PARISH COUNCIL
 
Chairman - Mayor Desmond Gilmore
Deputy Chairman - Cllr Delroy Redway
Secretary/Manager - Mr Alfred Graham
Superintendent of Roads & Works - Ivor Earle
Director of Finance - Marcine Black-Jackson
Director of Planning - Miss Ethlyn Douglas
Director of Administration - Claudiah Carter
Parish Disaster Coordinator - Alvin Clarke
 
 
CONTACT INFORMATION
 
Website: http://stannpc.gov.jm/
Address: Main Street, St. Ann's Bay, St. Ann
Telephone: 972-2655/2362/2615
Fax: 972-2617
 
 
 
KEY POSITIONS IN THE ST. ANN PARISH COUNCIL
 
Chairman - Mayor Desmond Gilmore
Deputy Chairman - Cllr Delroy Redway
Secretary/Manager - Mr Alfred Graham
Superintendent of Roads & Works - Ivor Earle
Director of Finance - Marcine Black-Jackson
Director of Planning - Miss Ethlyn Douglas
Director of Administration - Claudiah Carter
Parish Disaster Coordinator - Alvin Clarke
 
 
This page has been visited 21259 times.      Suggest an edit to this listing