Our mission is to so conduct national elections so that no advantage is given to any party or individual contesting the polls, ensuring that the objective of one man one vote is met under the six stated principles of universal adult suffrage.
WHAT WE DO
- Conduct local government and parliamentary elections and referenda
- Monitor electoral funding and financial disclosure requirements.
- Determine polling division and constituency boundaries.
- Use Geographic Information System (GIS) to record and define boundaries.
- Continuous registration of electors and residence verification of applicants
- Prepare the voters list, updated every six months on May 31 and November 30 of each year.
- Print and issue voter ID cards. We also produce ID cards for external agencies.
- Conduct external elections for schools, universities, associations and organisations
- Recruit and train Election Day workers
- Produce and print electoral maps for planning and general information.
- Voter education